Do you experience a throbbing sensation on your knees, hands, feet, hips, or spine? Are you or your loved ones suffering from frequent and lasting cramps or spasms? These symptoms could be a sign of joint pain and myalgias, commonly known as muscle pain.
Although these musculoskeletal conditions usually come with localized pain, they can negatively affect your daily life. Due to joint and muscle stiffness, you may experience mobility issues, such as walking difficulties. Hip pains can also hinder your everyday movement and can cause sleeping discomfort. Hence, chronic joint pain and myalgias require every patient’s immediate attention.
Here at LifeClinic, we help alleviate discomfort from various health conditions, such as joint and muscle pain. Our trained specialists perform chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, and rehabilitation programs to mitigate the effects of such musculoskeletal diseases. Before we present you with an individualized treatment program, you’ll undergo medical tests, allowing us to identify risk factors.
Besides orthopedic and neurological examinations, we’ll also ask about your lifestyle to help us develop a suitable treatment for your chronic muscle pain treatment. During the chiropractic or rehabilitation phase, we’ll assist you in preventing your condition from worsening. Our team of specialists focuses on improving your overall well-being so you can quickly return to your daily activities.
LifeClinic seeks to restore, maintain, and optimize human function through chiropractic, physical therapy, and rehabilitation programs. Together, we can help give you proper chronic joint pain treatment to improve your overall health for a pain-free daily life. Choose LifeClinic and allow our team to guide you towards your journey to recovery.
Treat Chronic Joint & Muscle Pain with Chiropractic Care & Physical Therapy
Our chiropractors and therapists use different methods to treat chronic joint and muscle pain. Below are some approaches in treating this condition:
Chiropractic Treatment for Chronic Joint & Muscle Pain
Chiropractic care involves non-surgical techniques to alleviate pain due to injuries, illnesses, and one’s lifestyle. Due to their non-invasive nature, some patients turn to chiropractic procedures as alternatives to painkillers or prescription drugs.
- Spine Adjustment – The spinal column includes facet joints that can become inflamed and cause spinal arthritis. Through spinal adjustments, our chiropractors can promote proper alignment to relieve stress from your spinal column.
- NormaTec Compression – This technology involves air pressure massage for muscle pain relief. Through the application of external pressure, our skilled specialists help increase blood circulation to affected areas.
- Diet and Nutritional Counseling – A shortage of electrolytes, such as calcium, sodium, potassium, and magnesium, can cause cramps and muscle weakness. Since diet plays an essential role in every person’s well-being, your chiropractor may suggest lifestyle and diet modifications for a speedy and healthy recovery.
Chiropractic Care: An Alternative to Painkillers
Most patients take painkillers and prescription medications for chronic joint and muscle pains. Through chiropractic care, you can manage these musculoskeletal conditions effectively with less to no side effects.
- Personalized Treatment Plans – Our chiropractors and therapists will ask for your in-depth medical information to provide you with the best treatment for your joint pain and myalgias. Besides, we will also run various diagnostic tests to identify risk factors so we can better inform you about your condition.
- Holistic and Preventive Care – Aside from chiropractic techniques, we also offer physical therapy and rehabilitation services to ensure the best possible outcome and assist you in a speedy yet effective recovery.
- Hydromassage – Some patients seek hydromassage for joint and muscle pain since it helps the body relax by reducing tension in the joints and muscles. With the proper amount of pressure, this technique can also increase the range of motion of the affected limbs and areas.
Physical Therapy for Joint & Muscle Pain
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on improving movement and relieving pain. These treatments lead you to perform daily activities without discomfort.
- Shockwave Therapy – This treatment involves the use of high-energy acoustic waves to alleviate extreme pain. Through these shockwaves, patients can manage joint swelling and muscle rigidity for pain-free mobility.
- Therapeutic Exercises – Pilates is an example of a therapeutic system that’s safe for patients suffering from chronic joint and muscle pain. This low-impact exercise improves the range of movement and increases flexibility and muscle strength of one’s body.
- Zero Gravity Treadmill – Here at LifeClinic, we also use assistive devices such as the anti-gravity treadmill. Unlike traditional sports equipment, this technology utilizes air pressure to support the patient, minimizing stress on the muscles.
Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Services for Joint & Muscle Pain
Here are special services that can help regain your mobility and maintain muscle and joint strength.
- Muscle Strengthening – LifeClinic also offers various strengthening activities to promote joint and muscle health, increase stability, boost muscle strength, and prevent the recurrence of injuries.
- Dry Needling Therapy – This treatment requires thin monofilament needles to inactivate a pressure point and reduce discomfort. It also increases blood circulation around the joint, allowing patients to breathe a sigh of relief.
- Motion Exercises – After managing pain and discomfort, we recommend performing low-impact exercises to mobilize your joints and muscles to optimize overall body function.