Are you a teenager who experiences a throbbing sensation on your legs? Perhaps you’re a parent who’s concerned about your kid’s back pain? These conditions could be a sign of benign nocturnal limb pains (BNLP), commonly known as growing pains. Growing pains in kids often occur during nighttime, causing children extreme discomfort and giving them disrupted sleeping patterns.
Although this musculoskeletal condition usually comes with localized pain, it can negatively affect your daily life, especially your sleep cycle. Growing pains can hinder proper growth and cause health issues. In some cases, abdominal pains or headaches can also be present. Hence, growing pains require immediate attention.
Here at LifeClinic, we help ease discomfort from growing pains and other related health conditions. Our trained specialists perform various growing pains treatments such as chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, and rehabilitation programs. These methods relieve the effects of BNLP, which are common among children and teenagers. However, growing pains in adults can also occur.
Before we present an individualized treatment program, you’ll undergo medical tests, allowing us to identify risk factors. Besides radiographs, neurological examinations, and blood tests, we’ll also ask about your lifestyle to help us develop a suitable treatment. During the chiropractic or rehabilitation phase, we’ll assist you in preventing your condition from worsening. Our team of chiropractic and therapists focuses on ensuring your proper growth and development.
LifeClinic seeks to restore, maintain, and optimize human function through individualized chiropractic, rehabilitation programs, and physical therapy. Together, we can help improve your overall health for a pain-free childhood or adolescent growth. Choose LifeClinic and allow our team to guide you towards your journey back to a healthy life.
Treat Growing Pains with Chiropractic Care & Physical Therapy
Our chiropractors and therapists use different methods to alleviate growing pains. Below are some procedures for treating this condition:
Chiropractic Treatment for Growing Pains
Chiropractic care involves non-surgical techniques to relieve pain from injuries, illnesses, and lifestyle effects. Due to their non-invasive nature, some patients, especially children, turn to chiropractic procedures as alternatives to painkillers or prescription drugs to avoid side effects.
- Spine Alignment – Since your spine determines your overall posture, its misalignment can cause one leg to extend over the other. This condition can then induce a throbbing sensation in the legs. Through chiropractic care, specialists can promote proper alignment to relieve stress from your legs, calves, and thighs.
- Fascial Distortion Model – This technique requires chiropractors to identify the pain source based on the patients’ description of their growing pains symptoms. After that, our specialists will apply deep pressure using their hands to relieve discomfort due to overuse or normal growth.
- Diet and Nutritional Counseling – Proper nutrition is vital at every stage of a person’s life, especially during a child’s developmental phase. Having a poor diet can also contribute to growing pains due to the lack of nutrients needed by the body. Since diet plays an essential role in every person’s well-being, your chiropractor may suggest lifestyle and diet changes for healthy growth.
Chiropractic Care: An Alternative to Painkillers
Most patients take painkillers and prescription medications for growing pains. Through chiropractic care, you can manage growing pains better with little to no side effects.
- Personalized Treatment Plans – Our chiropractors and therapists will ask for in-depth medical information to provide you with the best treatment for your growing pains. You will also undergo various diagnostic tests to identify risk factors so we can better inform you and your guardians about your condition.
- Holistic and Preventive Care – Aside from chiropractic techniques, we also offer physical therapy and rehabilitation services to ensure the best possible outcome and assist your quick and effective recovery.
- Hydromassage – Some patients seek hydromassage for growing pains to help their bodies relax. This method reduces tension in the bones, muscles, and joints. With the proper amount of pressure, this technique can also ease the soreness and stiffness in the body.
Physical Therapy for Growing Pains
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on improving movement and relieving pain. This way, you can sleep comfortably during the night, so you have enough energy for the day.
- Theragun Percussive Therapy – Some patients seek massage for growing pains. Theragun therapy offers an innovative type of massage since it provides quick and sudden vibrations to the affected area of the body to treat tension and muscle soreness.
- Therapeutic Exercises – Pilates is an example of a therapeutic system that can treat growing pains in toddlers, kids, and teenagers. This low-impact exercise eases lumbago or lower back pain.
- NormaTec Compression – This technology involves air pressure massage for muscle, bone, and joint pain relief. Through the application of external pressure, our skilled specialists help increase blood circulation on your legs.
Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Services for Growing Pains
Here are other services that can aid in healthy development while maintaining overall body strength:
- Muscle Strengthening – Aside from recovery, chiropractic care and therapy help prevent the recurrence of growing pains. Various strengthening activities promote joint, muscle, and bone health while increasing stability and boosting strength.
- Dry Needling Therapy – This treatment requires thin monofilament needles to inactivate a pressure point and reduce discomfort on your legs and lower back. It also increases blood circulation and releases tension around the affected area.
- Motion Exercises – After managing discomfort due to growing pains, we recommend performing low-impact exercises to mobilize your joints, bones, and muscles. Such activities optimize overall body function.