Non-Life Time Members are welcome.
Tension Headaches or Migraines Treatment
Click below, for more information on how we are taking the necessary precautions during this time, to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.Learn More
Have you ever experienced a throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation on the sides of your head? Does it make you feel nauseous and extremely sensitive to light and sound? That kind of pain could be a sign of a tension headache, otherwise known as migraine.
This neuromuscular condition often runs in families and affects all ages. Unlike a regular headache, migraine is more intense and can greatly affect your daily activities and quality of life. The former happens when the blood vessels in the brain narrow, while in a migraine, these blood vessels expand.
Chiropractic care for tension headaches or migraines is a popular alternative to pain-relieving drugs. This holistic approach relieves your discomfort and allows you to better manage your condition. At LifeClinic chiropractic and rehabilitation center, we help identify the root cause of your pain to keep you functioning to your potential.
Before we develop a chiropractic treatment program, you’ll undergo medical tests so we can identify risk factors and better understand your condition. We’ll also ask about your medical history and lifestyle so we can develop a personalized treatment plan that best suits your needs. During treatment, we can help address any issues you might face and prevent your condition from developing into a more severe case. Our focus is on improving your overall health so you can quickly return to your normal way of life.
At LifeClinic, our goal is to restore, maintain, and optimize human function through our various chiropractic, physical therapy, and rehabilitation services. Let our team of professionals help you on your journey to recovery. Together, we’ll work towards achieving optimal health and wellness.
Treat Migraine with Chiropractic Care and Physical Therapy
Our chiropractors and physical therapists use different methods to treat tension headaches or migraines. These include:
Chiropractic Treatment for Migraine
Chiropractic care involves using non-invasive techniques to treat migraine patients. It can serve as an alternative to painkillers or other prescription drugs that most people rely on.
- Fascial Distortion Model – This treatment model involves hands-on, deep pressure application which provides immediate relief and reduces the severity of migraines or tension headaches.
- Spine Alignment – In some instances, a migraine can be a result of minor misalignments in the spine which affects the nerve signals sent to and from the brain. By realigning your spinal column, we help your nervous system function better and reduce inflammation in the soft tissues of your back.
- Hydromassage – This type of massage therapy uses heat and water pressure on the body to relieve stress and promote relaxation. When your muscles are relaxed, they are less prone to tensing, which reduces the frequency of migraines attacks
- Dietary Counseling – Tension headaches can be triggered by certain foods and additives. Your chiropractor may recommend lifestyle changes to eliminate common food triggers from your diet and help you manage your migraine.
Chiropractic Care: An Alternative to Painkillers
Some patients take pain medication for their migraines or tension headaches, but chiropractic care offers the long-term relief minus the side effects.
- Muscle Tension Release – Extra pressure exerted on any part of your body often results in pain or discomfort. Through chiropractic procedures, you can reduce pressure on your head and prevent migraine attacks.
- Personalized Treatment Plans – Our chiropractors will ask about your medical background and clinical history with migraine. We will also run tests for an accurate diagnosis to develop a personalized treatment program.
- Holistic & Preventative Care – Through our holistic approach and results-oriented methods, you can focus on regaining optimal health. We combine our chiropractic services with physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Physical Therapy for Migraine
The system of physical therapy is focused on the structure of the body to relieve pain and allow you to better manage your condition.
- Acupuncture – Rooted in traditional Chinese medicine, this medical practice divides the body into a series of zones and pressure points. It involves puncturing the skin with needles to stimulate your nerves to release hormones, particularly endorphins, which are your brain’s natural painkillers. This stimulation process helps relieve tension headaches or migraines,
- Dry Needling – This technique involves inserting a dry needle through the skin into areas of the muscle to reduce pain and reduce muscle tension around your head.
- Cupping – This form of therapy involves the application of heated cups on your forehead, cheekbones, and base of your neck to create suction and negative pressure. This results in relaxed muscles and increased blood supply, which somehow reverses the cause of migraine.
Frequently Asked Questions about Tension Headaches or Migraines
Migraine, or tension headache, is a condition marked by a recurring throbbing pain or pulsing sensation typically felt on one side of the head.
The most common symptom of migraine is nausea and vomiting. In some instances, you may start seeing spots or lose the vision in your one eye right before a migraine attack. You may also experience extreme sensitivity to light and sound.
There are various causes of migraines or tension headaches: stress, hormone changes, diet, or medical conditions. Whiplash, concussions, and neck injuries can also cause migraines.
If you’re curious about how to get rid of migraine, the treatment will depend on the severity of the pain and its cause. Mild cases can be treated with home remedies such as practicing good ergonomics and drinking at least eight glasses of water a day. In severe cases, however, doctors may prescribe medication, but there’s always the option to consult with a chiropractor for migraine.
Patients often ask: can migraines or tension headaches be cured? Chiropractors and physical therapists can help address head pain and prescribe the right treatment, such as neuromuscular massages, spinal manipulation, various relaxation techniques, and dietary counseling.
LifeClinic: Your Partner for Recovery
Get treatment for tension headaches or migraines at LifeClinic. We offer chiropractic care, physical therapy, and joint rehabilitation programs. Our team of chiropractors and physical therapists can help you restore proper body functions, maintain overall health, and optimize human function.
Learn more about your condition and get a chiropractic treatment plan that best suits your needs. Book an appointment with LifeClinic today.